I spotted this post a while back on Ellie’s Ramblings and I’m excited to finally be doing the tag on Lipsticks & Coffee (:
1) Who are your most influential bloggers? Who are the ones that you really rely on for reviews and swatches?
Temptalia has got to be my favorite blog for swatches as they are such good quality. For reviews, Kaushal Beauty was one of the first blogs I followed and her blog remains one of my favorites. Her reviews are always on point and her videos and pics are pretty amazing too.
2) Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?
If I spot a product I’m interested in buying on a blog, I do a google search to look at other reviews and swatches. I also skim through the ratings on Beauty Heaven and Makeup Alley, my two favourite websites for beauty reviews. I tend to do this for almost all products I buy, I think I enjoy the ‘research’ almost as much as the actual purchase!
3) What is your most favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
My Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, which deserves every bit of love and rave reviews that it receives from bloggers ♥ I also love my Real Technique Expert face brush which I probably would not have picked up if I hadn’t read about it on a blog.
4) What is your least favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
Maybelline Colossal Volume mascara! I have read SO MANY rave reviews on this mascara but I’m far from impressed, it doesn’t provide huge volume like the Falsies did and tends to get all over my eye lids.
5) Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs.
- Trilogy rosehip oil antioxidant plus
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
- Maybelline Volum’ Express Falsies Flared
- Maybelline Baby Lips
- Benefit’s Do The Bright Thing (purchased for the mascara!)
6) Have you ever given into blogger hype? If so, which hype?
The Revlon Matte Balms. And I’m glad that I did because ‘Sultry‘ has been my to-go-for shade since I purchased it.
7) Have you ever avoided blogger hype? If so, which hype?
There was a stage a few months back when every blogger was reviewing Benefit’s Gimme Brow. It does seem like an amazing product but not something I really need so I’m glad I didn’t succumb to the hype.
8) Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?
I’m careful with my spending so I don’t often impulse buy, I usually know what I want and then wait for it to go on sale. That being said, I do tend to pick up smaller items like shampoos and makeup removers and without checking out a review first.
If you’re reading this tag, I tag you to do it too! Let me know in the comments if you’ve done this tag so I can read your answers 🙂