When I first started blogging two years ago, the Benefit They’re Real mascara was EVERYWHERE. I was dying to try it but $36 was more than what I was used to paying for a mascara. Lucky for me, I was able to get samples of both the push up liner and the mascara.
Benefit They’re Real mascara
What Benefit say:
They’re real! lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts & separates. Our jet black, long-wearing formula won’t smudge or dry out. A specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had!
There’s already thousands of reviews of this mascara but I thought that I’d throw in my two cents anyway. I was expecting a lot from this mascara, it’s considered somewhat of a cult product and is one of Benefit’s bestsellers. Here’s a quick run down of what I liked and didn’t like:
- The wand does a great job of separating the lashes. It also gave my lashes awesome length. The little ball on the end helps get to the lashes right in the corners and is good for bottom lashes.
- Very pigmented formula – gave me dark lashes
- Easy to apply, did not end up going on my eye lids or smudging through the day
- The wand takes some getting used to! It actually hurts using it for the first few times
- The effort it takes (and the eye lashes I lose) removing this mascara
- Gives “crispy” eye lashes which can sometimes flake at the end of the day
Overall, this is a good mascara but I’ve tried mascaras that are A LOT better from Covergirl and Maybelline. I like massive, thick lashes with lots of volumes but I didn’t really get the wow effect I was hoping for from this mascara.
Benefit They’re Real liner
I don’t have a lot to say on the liner, it was crumbly and I found it extremely difficult to squeeze the product out of the tube. I ended up having to throw out the product without using it, not sure if this was due to the product being a sample size? Would love to know if anyone else had a different experience!
I love Benefit Cosmetics in general, and REALLY REALLY wanted to love these products but these two just did not agree with me. If you’ve tried these products, would love to know your thoughts!
Until next time 🙂