Empties: January 2015
Hey guys! I’ve been away for the LONGEST time, I was busy studying for the exams at the end of last year and then went to South Africa on holiday for a month. To ease back into blogging, I thought that I’d start with a post on the products that I’ve used up over the last few months 🙂
The Herbal Essences ‘Hello Hydration’ conditioner is one of my favourites, and not only because it smells absolutely amazing and makes me think that I’m away on a tropical holiday. It does a decent job of hydrating my hair and is super affordable too. I want to try out the rest of the Herbal Essences range, so it may be a while before purchase this particular conditioner again.
I received a sample of the Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Omega Repair conditioner and didn’t think it was anything special. It has a pretty pearly appearance but didn’t do anything for my hair so won’t be purchasing the full size product.
The Body Shop’s Tea Tea Oil is one of those products that I’ll always repurchase, it does a fantastic job of reducing my blemishes and each bottle lasts me around a year.
Another sample that I used up was the Nivea stress protect deodorant so I might purchase the full sized product.
I wasn’t particularly impressed when I first started started using the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub (reviewed in full here) but it grew on me towards the end.
Lastly the Bionike Defence B-Lucent Roll On Focus was something that I was using on my acne spots. It did work, but took ages for the blemishes to fade.
I can’t wait to get back into blogging! Hope that everyone has had a fantastic holiday 🙂
Last week Varinder from MAKE UP ME AND YOYO tagged me in a post she created called “What’s on my bed side table”. Her post was an overview of what she keeps on her bedside table and her night time routine. The tag looked really fun so today I’m sharing pictures of what my bedside tables look like.
What’s on my bed side table tag
Bedside table #1:
- Coaster for the million cups of coffee that I drink
- A scented candle
- Lamp for when I wake up at 3am and I’m scared to walk to the bathroom in the dark
- Magazines like Good Health or Women’s Health because the articles are fantastic
- Body Shop born lippy lip balm in Raspberry which smells absolutely amazing
- Mor hand cream in Marshmallow (reviewed here) for when my hand’s feel dry
- BioNike Defence B-Lucent, the only product that actually helps fade my dark spots
- The Body Shop tea tree oil to soothe and heal any blemishes
I have two bed side tables in my room, with the one on the right side of the bed being the main table. I hate having clutter on it so during the day, it only has a lamp, candle and coaster on it. In the evenings I have a magazine there, I’m reading the April issue of Good Health at the moment. I’ve also included the products I use just before going to bed every night in the picture above.
Bedside table #2:
What’s on my bed side table
This is mostly used as a place to store my handbag on but I picked up recipe books from the library and wanted them where I could access them easily.
Thank you Varinder for tagging me! I’m tagging everyone who reads this post, don’t forget to leave a link below if you’ve done the tag so I can check out your post 🙂
My mum was recently away for a holiday in South Africa so I asked her to pick up some beauty items. The strong Australian dollar meant that I paid much less for some of my favourite brands. For example, the MAC lipstick worked out to $19 and my Estee Lauder foundation was just $35.
Here’s what I got:
- The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion
- L’Oreal Ombre for dark hair
- Neotrogena Visibly Clear pink grapefruit daily scrub
- Bionike defence b-lucent
- Woolworths caramel & cream body butter
- Woolworths vanilla & brown sugar hand and body lotion
- Woolworths berry crush whisked body butter
- Revlon colorstay liquid eyeliner [repurchase]
- MAC lipstick in Rebel
- Estee Lauder double wear foundation in bronze [repurchase]
- The Body Shop Born Lippy lipbalms in strawberry and raspberry [repurchase]
- Cosmetic holder
I requested most of the products above based on product reviews and blog posts that I have read. The Body Shop microdermabrasion and the Neotrogena scrub are supposed to be really good for brightening the skin. I’ve never heard of the Bionike product before but apparently it’s really good for removing dark spots. The L’Oreal ombre kit for dark hair is not available is Australia and I’ve been wanting to do an ombre for ages.
Please let me know in the comments if you want me to review any of the products.
Hope that everyone had an amazing Australia Day, enjoy the public holiday off!