My mum was recently away for a holiday in South Africa so I asked her to pick up some beauty items. The strong Australian dollar meant that I paid much less for some of my favourite brands. For example, the MAC lipstick worked out to $19 and my Estee Lauder foundation was just $35.
Here’s what I got:
- The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion
- L’Oreal Ombre for dark hair
- Neotrogena Visibly Clear pink grapefruit daily scrub
- Bionike defence b-lucent
- Woolworths caramel & cream body butter
- Woolworths vanilla & brown sugar hand and body lotion
- Woolworths berry crush whisked body butter
- Revlon colorstay liquid eyeliner [repurchase]
- MAC lipstick in Rebel
- Estee Lauder double wear foundation in bronze [repurchase]
- The Body Shop Born Lippy lipbalms in strawberry and raspberry [repurchase]
- Cosmetic holder
I requested most of the products above based on product reviews and blog posts that I have read. The Body Shop microdermabrasion and the Neotrogena scrub are supposed to be really good for brightening the skin. I’ve never heard of the Bionike product before but apparently it’s really good for removing dark spots. The L’Oreal ombre kit for dark hair is not available is Australia and I’ve been wanting to do an ombre for ages.
Please let me know in the comments if you want me to review any of the products.
Hope that everyone had an amazing Australia Day, enjoy the public holiday off!